Founded in 2011, Terra Technologies (Terra) specializes in technology enabled data capture and civil engineering concepts for utility relocation, protection, and support. We always develop with this critical principle in mind - reduce the time required to protect or relocate existing utility infrastructure. Terra's services lead to significant cost savings for the utility owners, reduction of the risks associated with damage to the utility infrastructure, elimination of downtime for utility customers, and a more environmentally conscious construction process. Terra's family of products and services include: Terra Move®, Terra Cap®, Terra Shield®, and Terra Consulting Services®.
Telecommunications SUE Utility LocatorMiami, FL
We are looking for a Telecommunications SUE Utility Locator to join our growing team in Florida. Our locators are responsible, self -starters who enjoy working outdoors. We are looking for experienced individuals who are comfortable working independently, detail oriented, committed to safety, and take pride in their work. Our locators will drive company provided vehicles to job sites and use utility maps and specialized equipment to locate underground telecommunications fiber optic and copper cables to prevent damages for our client’s facilities.
- Utilizes the provided mapping tools and other location information, along with locating equipment, to locate underground telecommunication utilities.
- Indicate utility locates through the utilization of paint and flags.
- Operating motor vehicles
- Working outdoors in all types of weather
- Working in the public right of way under variable traffic conditions
- Wearing personal protective equipment
- Perform physical tasks as required to successfully complete day-to-day tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- 2-5 years of experience in underground utility locating
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
- Basic math skills to record field measurements.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and MVR screening.
- Must be able to travel within the state of Florida and stay overnight with limited notice.
- Must be able travel out of state if needed.
- Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain in all types of weather conditions.
- Knowledge of AT&T’s wireline outside plant (OSP) facilities and records systems
- Experience in all levels of utility designation (A, B, C, D)
- OSHA 10 and/or 30 Certified
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match
- Free Wellness Resources & Marketplace Discounts
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Basic Life Insurance & Voluntary Options
- The pillars of Congruex culture are GRIT, safety, inclusion, and family.
- The networks we design and build enable everything in the modern world to operate, from healthcare and energy to transportation and communities.
- Our greatest asset is our people and here you have the opportunity to build your career from the ground up, as far as you want to go.
- Founded on safety and family values, we have the GRIT to be the best at what we do and have fun while doing it.
- A culture of employee recognition & rewards for GRIT core values
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Employer Paid & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA*)
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Free Wellness & Mental Health Resources
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Paid Time Off**