Founded in 1977, Sorensen Companies Inc. (SCI) delivers turn-key solutions across fiber and wireless infrastructure, from aerial and underground fiber optic systems to outside plant (OSP) construction. SCI is one of the pre-eminent FTTH shallow-trenching, or microtrenching, experts in the country. SCI is headquartered in Syracuse, Utah and serves the Rocky Mountain region.
Underground Construction Supervisor
Provide on-site project supervision of contractor work to ensure work is being completed in a timely, safe, and efficient manner to meet planned construction objectives. Ensure project designs are implemented in accordance with construction drawings, permit requirements, and safety guidelines.
- Daily on-site interaction with construction crews for Aerial and Underground Fiber Optic Construction progress (schedule, quality, verification)
- Report construction progress and projections, materials consumption including providing updates, progress trackers and attending on site meetings and presentations.
- Schedule and manage construction inspections and local jurisdiction meetings.
- Verify planned pathways in front of crews to identify and mitigate roadblocks
- Conduct timely construction quality inspections and true up of installed materials quantities, footages.
- Represent Congruex and Client in a professional manner to contractor, local officials and the public.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with permit requirements – design and safety
- Work with subcontractors on any construction schedule changes to ensure requirements are met. Promptly report variances and restrictions.
- Manage compliance with quality control, and quality assurance standards and specifications
- Take ownership of adherence to health and safety regulations at all times
- Perform equipment, material, and routine site inspections
- Attend regular meetings with vendors, managers, and staff
- Work closely with the Construction Manager in reporting time and availability or lack of resources.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in Aerial and Underground Telecommunications construction methods and specifications. Fiber to the home experience is preferred.
- Experience in construction quality management and assurance
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- OSHA 10 or higher
- High attention to detail.
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Skilled in interpreting telecommunications construction drawings in hard copy and digital format
- Experienced in providing redline updates to construction plans
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willingness to learn new skills, software, and technologies
- GIS experience is a plus
- Experience working as a technical construction supervisor
- Proven understanding of compliance and quality assurance guidelines and best practices